Re: I am not trying to be offensive but…

Home Community Horses & Riding I am not trying to be offensive but… Re: I am not trying to be offensive but…

Linda

Hi, Wolfwitch. I haven’t been on the internet much lately since I’m working on a project that must be completed by 25 Mar so I am late in responding.
The rider on horseback who spears the bull with a long spear is called the rejoneador. The little spears are called pics in Spanish and the men who place them are called picadores. They are put in the bull to wound him which makes him angry and he charges the matador with forcefullness. This gives the matador more opportunity to demonstrate his courage in caping the bull. In addition, the bull, of course, loses blood which weakens him and makes it easier for the matador to lean over the horns and kill the bull by placing the sword in his neck. This kills the bull instantly if done correctly. The crowd responds by shouting, "Ole, Ole" or "Bravo." If the matador has done well, he is awarded an ear; he gets 2 ears for doing very well and for an exceptional performance the matador gets 2 ears and the tail. The matador’s fancy suit is called the "trajes de luces," suit of lights. In Portuguese style bullfighting, the matador is mounted on horseback. have never seen one of these. I no longer live in Mexico, but lived there a total of 10 years. I am presently living in Turkey temporarily, but will be moving to Germany or Poland in 2 months. I am retired and can move as I wish (and when I can save enough money to do so of course).